Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Time!

Sunday was pumpkin carving day; I don't get very excited about Halloween-related things - it's just never been my favorite - but we had a lot of fun sharing the messiness with AJ this year.

It took a little time to decide what we wanted to carve into the three bigger pumpkins, but in the end we settled on simple silly faces for AJ and I and a haunted house for James. I did a little sketching so that AJ could choose which face he liked before drawing them on our pumpkins:


Daddy and AJ started carving and scooping right away:




Daddy asked AJ to take the last seed out of the pumpkin. He started to, but after reaching in for a split second, he pulled his hand right back out and declined to participate in the messiest part of pumpkin carving.



Daddy's funny... As long as he doesn't get too close!


He did like helping to push out the carved pieces on Mama's pumpkin:




But I think he liked shining the flashlight in the pumpkins best of all. As James was working on his own pumpkin, AJ kept shining the light into each of our pumpkins, saying "Looks good!" every time. How funny!




The little pumpkins for brother and baby got a little acrylic paint for their decoration. After lots of inspection and "Looks good!" approval, all five pumpkins were done:



Smiles all around after a fun afternoon! Let's hope they still look good a week and a half from now!

*Update: Good thing we took those pictures, because they didn't even make it three whole days. While we were Skyping with my parents yesterday afternoon, James took at look at the pumpkins on top of the fridge. I don't think he expected to see green, hairy mold peeking back out of one of the eyeballs at him. So now they live in the garbage. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment