Late this afternoon, our dining room table looked like this:
It doesn't count as procrastination if bed rest and emergency surgery are among the reasons things weren't done sooner, does it? (Okay, it still does. And yes, my patient husband was right on the money when he said I'd be finished at 5pm, since that was the time we'd be eating. We were done by 4:55.) Regardless, for a costume started the night before, I am more than happy with how it turned out. We got lucky and were able to reuse the long sleeved shirt I made for him last Halloween (yay for making things way too big!), and the pants were made out of a pair of my old pants using the pattern in Growing Up Sew Liberated. The tunic was a last minute from-the-seat-of-our-pants collaboration between James and I; James came up with and made the crest, which I think made the whole outfit. And that sword? Its former life was spent as a 2x4, before it was repurposed by the coolest dad ever.
After sharing dinner with our neighbors, AJ and his buddy from next door took off for their night of trick-or-treating. This was AJ's expression after knocking on the first door, before they even answered it:
He had no idea what we were there for, and just thought it was great that he got to knock on someone's door. He didn't know quite what to do when they came out and offered him something to take with him!
![]() |
| At the very first house, with his buddy Buzz Lightyear. |
The mamas went home after walking the first street, and the boys continued on with their daddies for awhile. They had such a blast, and came back home excited to play around again, even after being so tired just minutes earlier. That's what great friends will do to each other, huh? :)
![]() |
| That grin was after eating his first piece of candy; what a treat! |
Have you ever seen such a handsome little knight? I may or may not be hoping that he wants to wear this costume over and over again... Maybe starting tomorrow? I just can't get over the cuteness!










No comments:
Post a Comment