Monday, November 28, 2011

We're in Sicily!

After a couple hour delay at Ramstein for crazy fog, we finally lifted off the ground and began the final leg of our journey to Italy. It was great to experience flying in such a small plane after taking C-17s during the previous portions of our trip. There were only two other passengers, it was climate controlled, and we were able to look out of the windows the whole way to Sigonella. What a comfortable flight!


Here's the fog over Ramstein:


No wonder we were delayed for decreased visibility!

Before we knew it, we could see Mount Etna on Sicily. How exciting to be so close to the finish line!


Our bird's eye view of Sicilia!
Once we landed, all I could think about was how to get a hold of Josh and Nikki so that we could see them. I was trying to pinpoint where we could find their phone number, where a phone would be, when they might be able to get there... I was so busy thinking that I didn't even see the entire Laguesse family standing right in front of us when we walked in to the terminal! Once I realized what was going on, I was so excited and happy! What a wonderful, long-awaited reunion!

The C-21 we flew to Sigonella on.
Leaving the Air Terminal, all together!

Our first full day there, Josh and Nikki showed us around Catania, Sicily. The architecture was beautiful, but of course being all together was the most amazing thing of all.







The four amigos on the steps of the statue in Elephant Square.



The next day we headed to Siracusa, an incredibly beautiful city in Sicily. The weather was wonderful, which was great since we spent the whole day exploring the city.

AJ even got a little treat while we were there... A little taste of gelato! He made an awful face at first, but of course quickly decided that it was definitely some good stuff.

We did a little more sightseeing while the sun set before heading back home:

No comments:

Post a Comment