Tuesday, November 9, 2010

7 - SEVEN! - Months Old

You are seven months old today. How is this possible, Mister Man?

Here's what you are up to:

- As of yesterday, you are 26-3/4 inches long and weigh 19 pounds 5 ounces.

- You've begun lunging forward from sitting onto your hands and knees. Maybe you'll be mobile sooner than we thought!

- In the last couple of days you've started pulling yourself to standing, mostly when you're sitting next to either Daddy or me.

- You've already outgrown a nine month outfit! Slow down, dude!

- You blow raspberries all of the time now, and it never fails to crack Daddy and me up.

- You had a couple of terrible nursing days this past weekend. Daddy and I thought that your bottom teeth might be trying to come through, but yesterday the doctor said she thought it might still be awhile.

- Speaking of nursing, you're incredibly distractable these days. I try hard not to conversate while you're nursing, but now that you nurse for longer periods again, it can be a challenge. Also, you make it very clear when you've had enough, arching your back and turning your head.

- You've gotten pretty good at feeding yourself with a spoon. We're taking it slow with solids, but so far you've had sweet potato, banana, peach, butternut squash, strawberry, blueberry, watermelon, and carrot.

- You also really enjoy drinking out of a cup, particularly if it has ice water in it. (In a pinch, shower water will do just fine.)

That's all I can think of for now, Bub. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, though. In any case, your daddy and I can't believe how quickly you're growing and how very much we love you. You are the sunshine in our every day, sweet boy. Happy seven months!










No comments:

Post a Comment